Wednesday 16 April 2008

back from italia

hey hey monkees
(yes yes, in a patronising kinda mood...)

I'm back from Italy, which is, y'know, a'rite. Italy was really great, but you don't wanna hear about that. Two songs that recurred from the trip: the first we just happened to hear on the radio twice in a coupla days, the second was played on a loop in the Termini station in Rome, in an advert for a production of Hair. (NB it wasn't the Japanese version, it's just that that's the only version I have.) (NB pt.2 - I would've been all hip and posted some ker-azee obscure remix of the Rihanna track, but all the ones I listened to just made me miss the awesome pop-ness of the original).

mp3: Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music

mp3: 1971 Japanese Cast of Hair - Aquarius (highly recommended)

See what I've done there with the picture - yes indeed, it's the poster for Hair, cleeeeeverly modified to look like the Italian flag! An idea which I thought up and executed aaaaall by myself.

No comments: